24 December 2013

Used Up Beauty Products / Empties #7

My final empties post for 2013!





My Beauty Diary (hyaluronic acid) sheet masks
Much needed during the super dry Canadian winters!
I did a full post dedicated to sheet masks.

Bioré nosestrips
HG. Generally, I use them once a week, as part of my Sunday routine.  Love them.
I've been using them since my teen years, and will continue to repurchase them.

NUDE progenius treatment oil
Did not like it at all.  Way too pungent.  Way too oily...

Vasanti brightenup enzymatic face scrub
This was an old sample from a beauty box subscription.  It lasted forever in my shower!
I actually really enjoyed it.  Supposedly a papaya acid exfoliator?

REN micro polish cleanser
This tiny sample lasted forever in the shower.  I used it 1-2 times a week for a few months and really liked the results.  Its a hybrid of a chemical and physical exfoliant.
I repurchased the full size.

Lancome energie de vie cream
Really fragrant.  I tossed it right away... My skin would've flamed up from the heavy fragrance.

Estée Lauder perfectionist CP+R
Really matte/siliconeish.  It was nice, but I'm not willing to pay such a big pricetag for silicon ingredients.

Bumble and Bumble thickening shampoo & conditioner
Meh.  Dried out my hair.

Origins clear improvement charcoal mask
I love this mask.  I use it whenever I feel like my skin is feeling mucky or clogged.  I wrote a full review post on this mask.
I'm holding out buying a new one for now, because I want to try the Aesop parsley seed masque.

Chanel correcteur perfection concealer in 20
This is my HG concealer; been since 2011 when I first started wearing concealer.
It's full coverage and works great underneath the eyes and on blemishes.
I'm curious on how the NARS creamy concealer compares... it appears very similar...  No other concealer was even close to comparison worthiness until the NARS one came out this year.  I'm mostly curious because the Chanel one is $40.

Cover Girl lashblast fusion mascara in blackest black water resistant (the purple one)
This was my HG mascara for yearsssss.  Holds curl all day, no clumping, no spider lashes, volumizing, no smudging at all.

Gillette Satin Care shave gel
The sensitive skin one is my HG shave gel, but this alluring avocado one isn't bad either; smells great.

Simple cleansing facial wipe (25 count)
This is a repurchase!  For those super late nights when I just want to use a quick wipe before washing my face.
The wipes are large, very nicely moistened (and stay moistened!), super soft, and gentle.
It didn't irritate and removed waterproof mascara with ease!

Organix teatree mint conditioner
I love this conditioner!  It nourishes my hair without weighing it down.
The scent is like a sweet mint, which is nice.  I like using this whenever my scalp is feeling a bit dry -- the combination of tea tree and mint seems to calm it.

Swisspers cotton ovals (50 count)
I got these from Target for $3.  They're huge ovals, so I only need one to remove makeup from my entire face.

YSL cleansing water
It was meh.  Didn't really remove makeup that well.  Appeared to contain quite a lot of ingredients...

Caudalie vinoperfect radiance serum
I didn't feel like it really did much, even after finishing the entire bottle...
I wrote a full review on it.

Organix macadamia oil shampoo
It smells amazing, but was just ok in terms of conditioning and cleansing.  Note that this is not one of their sulfate-free shampoos.

Tresemme heat protectant
I'm finally tossing this out because it's just sitting on my shelf wasting space...
I want to use it, but don't want to have to step into my bath tub everytime I use it (and then slip and fall when I shower)...
I wrote a full post on this product before.


What have you recently used up?

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment